A417 at Gloucester and M5 southbound entry and exit slips – full overnight closure for road marking renewal works Monday 14 November to Saturday 19 November 2022
National Highways operates, maintains and improves England’s motorways and major A-roads. We will shortly be carrying out essential resurfacing works on the A417 from Zoons Court roundabout to Valiant Way (B4641), and on the M5 junction 11A southbound entry and exit slips.
The work will start on the evening of Monday 14 November and finish on the morning of Saturday 19 November and will take place overnight between the hours of 8pm and 6am.
To minimise disruption, we’ll work on weeknights only when there are fewer vehicles on the road. During the day we will keep the road open as usual.
The work is currently programmed as follows:
• Monday 14 November to Wednesday 16 November – full closure of the M5 junction 11A southbound entry and exit slips for 2 nights from 8pm until 6am the following morning.
• Wednesday 16 November to Saturday 19 November – full closure of the A417 carriageway from Zoons Court roundabout to Valiant Way junction (B4641) for 3 nights from 8pm until 6am the following morning.
There will be fully signed diversion routes in place during the full overnight closures, but please allow extra time for your journey. Diversion routes for the A417 closure will be:
• A417 Westbound traffic will join the M5 southbound to J12, using the A430 and A38 to return north to the A417
• A417 Eastbound non-motorway traffic will use the A38, Barnwood Road, Hucklecote Road, Delta Way and the B4641 to rejoin the A417
• A417 Eastbound motorway traffic will use the A417 and A40 north to J11 joining the M5 southbound to J11a
• M5 Northbound traffic wishing to exit the M5 at J11a will continue to J11 and use the A40 to return to the A417
We’ll make every effort to ensure the impact on the local community and travelling public is kept to a minimum. We always aim to work to the programme, however unforeseen circumstances or adverse weather conditions may mean changes. Please monitor www.trafficengland.com to keep updated.
If you would like further information about this work, please contact National Highways Customer Contact Centre on 0300 123 5000 open 24/7, who will direct your enquiry to the most appropriate person, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For information on all our works in the South West please follow us on Twitter @HighwaysSWEST