The council aims to provide effective, efficient and accountable local government for our parishioners, enabling local residents to be involved in the life of the community and in the area’s future development. We aim to:
- Understand and communicate the views, needs and aspirations of our residents and businesses.
- Increase public involvement in the community through ensuring the parish council and its activities are open, transparent and accountable.
- Support local business and economic activity in the area.
- Work with the District Council to provide safe, healthy and timely opportunities for recreation, leisure and education, and to provide, improve and maintain play equipment and public recreation spaces.
- To support the work of local voluntary organisations.
- Respond to planning applications and other statutory consultations on time, ensuring that recommendations made to the District Council reflect the interests of the community.
- Promote, within our community, activities which support the principles of environmental sustainability and an ethical society.
Ensure that councillors and staff have access to high quality training and development opportunities and that they meet all required standards.
While endeavouring to deliver these aims and objectives we will be financially accountable, and will always aim to work responsibly and within the confines of our annual budget.