The Guideposts Information Service (GIS) is a free emotional support, information and signposting service, for people struggling with mental health issues, who need support in a crisis or are experiencing social isolation.
The GIS helpline is primarily a preventative service and aims to support people before they reach the point of crisis. We provide confidential, non-judgemental and empathic emotional support, so people can gain better control of their own lives and well being.
The service is ideal for:
• People who need support during a crisis
• People who are experiencing stress, anxiety and low mood.
• Carers who are experiencing more pressure at the moment and lacking their usual sources of support
• People who are vulnerable and socially isolated
The GIS is supporting people to manage the current situation by:
• Offering a chance to talk to someone
• Providing structured goal orientated support over a period of time
• Finding techniques for coping with uncertainty, anxiety and low mood
• Helping people identify solutions to their problems
• Exploring opportunities for socialising and peer support online, or local in-person groups where possible
• Talking through decisions about how to access further support including health and social care
• Signposting to sources of financial and employment support.
People can access the service by calling 0800 048 7035. Lines are open Monday to Friday, 9:00am-5:00pm, and calls to this number are free.
Alternatively, we offer support by email at GIS@guideposts.org.uk, or via webchat at www.guideposts.org.uk/information-service.
You can also make a referral to the service through our online form https://guideposts.org.uk/information-service/make-a-referral/
Should you have any questions or need further information please do not hesitate to ask.
Guideposts Information Service
Helpline: 0800 048 7035 (Monday to Friday 9.00-5.00)