Highways England have sent us the following information about the planned resurfacing works and dates:
The work is due to start on Friday 3 February 2017 and is due to be completed on Friday 24 March 2017. All work will be carried out during the night – between 8pm and 6am – and will be completed under a single lane running every night when not under a full closure. We will require the full closure of the M5 northbound carriageway between junction 12 and 11a on the following dates:
- Monday 6 February, Tuesday 7 February, Wednesday 8 February and Thursday 9 February
- Monday 27 February, Tuesday 28 February, Wednesday 1 March and Thursday 2 March
The works also require some overnight closures between 8pm and 6am of the northbound and southbound slip roads at junction 11A on the following dates:
- J11a northbound exit slip road – Wednesday 8 March, Thursday 9 March, Monday 17 March and Friday 21 March.
- J11a northbound entry slip road – Wednesday 15 March, Thursday 16 March and Monday 20 March.
- J11a southbound entry slip road – Monday 6 February, Tuesday 7 February, Monday 13 February, Tuesday 14 February, Wednesday 22 February and Thursday 2 March.
- Southbound entry slip road into Gloucester Services – Monday 6 March, Tuesday 7 March and Wednesday 8 March.
During the above closures, clearly signed diversion routes will be in place, please see the details below.
Please note that whilst we always aim to work to the programme, unforeseen circumstances may mean changes to it. If this happens, we will do our best to notify you as soon as possible.
We would like to apologise in advance for any inconvenience or disruption the work may cause. We will of course make every effort to ensure that the impact on the local community is kept to a minimum.
If you have any queries or comments about the works and would like further information, please contact the Highways England Customer Contact Centre on 0300 123 5000 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Full closure diversion route:
M5 northbound full carriageway closure – traffic shall be diverted from the M5 at junction 12 to follow the B4008 northbound, to then follow the A38 northbound, to then follow the A417 eastbound to then U-turn at Brockworth Roundabout, to then follow the A417 westbound to re-join the M5 at junction 11A (shown below on the map – red arrows indicate the closure, diversion route in blue)
Slip road diversion routes:
M5 northbound junction 11a exit slip road – traffic to travel north to M5 J11, to U-turn at J11, to travel south to return to M5 J11a.
M5 northbound junction 11a entry slip road – traffic to travel on the A417 west to U-turn at Zoons Court Roundabout to travel south on the M5, to U-turn at J12, to travel north on the M5.
M5 southbound junction 11a entry slip road – traffic to travel on the A417 east to U-turn at Shurdington Roundabout to join M5 north, to U-turn at J11, to travel south on the M5.